Обсуждение: PLPGSQL Returning Records

PLPGSQL Returning Records

От
Alex
Дата:
Hi,
I am trying to return a recod from from my function but for some reason
it does not work.

Here is may problem. I use a for loop to generate the first batch of
records. Once the loop is completed I want to add another record. But at
that point fails.

FOR  rec IN SELECT ....
LOOP

  RETURN NEXT r;
END LOOP;

do some assignments
RETURN r;

It seems that the function does not return anything after the loop. Can
anyone help me on that ?

Thanks
Alex

Re: PLPGSQL Returning Records

От
Stephan Szabo
Дата:
On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, Alex wrote:

> Hi,
> I am trying to return a recod from from my function but for some reason
> it does not work.
>
> Here is may problem. I use a for loop to generate the first batch of
> records. Once the loop is completed I want to add another record. But at
> that point fails.

> FOR  rec IN SELECT ....
> LOOP
>
>   RETURN NEXT r;
> END LOOP;
>
> do some assignments
> RETURN r;

I think you want RETURN NEXT r; (or rec) to add the record to the
set of output rows.