Обсуждение: Can Postgresql run under Windows?

Can Postgresql run under Windows?

От
pmorettini@earthlink.net (PhilM)
Дата:
Hi,

I am looking for a database engine which:

1) runs under Windows (multiple versions)

2) Can be redistributed without additional fees as part of another product

Is postgresql appropriate for this?

If not, can you suggest a good alternative?

Thanks very much for your help.

Phil M.

Re: Can Postgresql run under Windows?

От
jini us
Дата:
SQLITE from sqlite.org & firebird from ibphoenix.com
has been suggested to me which runs under windows and
are royal-free.

 --- PhilM <pmorettini@earthlink.net> wrote: > Hi,

> I am looking for a database engine which:
>
> 1) runs under Windows (multiple versions)
>
> 2) Can be redistributed without additional fees as
> part of another product
>
> Is postgresql appropriate for this?
>
> If not, can you suggest a good alternative?
>

> Thanks very much for your help.
>
> Phil M.

majordomo@postgresql.org

Re: Can Postgresql run under Windows?

Дата:
Our FAQ has a section about running under windows.

jini us wrote:

> SQLITE from sqlite.org & firebird from ibphoenix.com
> has been suggested to me which runs under windows and
> are royal-free.
>
>  --- PhilM <pmorettini@earthlink.net> wrote: > Hi,
> >
> > I am looking for a database engine which:
> >
> > 1) runs under Windows (multiple versions)
> >
> > 2) Can be redistributed without additional fees as
> > part of another product
> >
> > Is postgresql appropriate for this?
> >
> > If not, can you suggest a good alternative?
> >

> > Thanks very much for your help.
> >
> > Phil M.

> majordomo@postgresql.org

Re: Can Postgresql run under Windows?

От
"fuzzy"
Дата:
For the first question you have some alternatives:

a) the free (or cheaper) one is using the cygwin to emulate unix\linux on
windwos and so run postgresql on it
b) you can modify the source and recompile it for windows ... i have no idea
how much difficult is it (but i thing that this is so hard)
c) you can buy some bussines version that exists ... i don't remeber the
names but you can browse through www.postgresql.org in the FAQ

For the second question i can't help you .... i'm a newbye!