Обсуждение: Loggin SQL Statements from JBOSS/JDBC

Loggin SQL Statements from JBOSS/JDBC

От
"Thomas LeBlanc"
Дата:
Are there settings in PostgreSQL to log SQL Statements from client apps?

Is yes, where are they logged to?

We set log_statement=On, but where does the log get sritten to?

Thanks,
Thomas LeBlanc

MSN Shopping upgraded for the holidays!  Snappier product search...
http://shopping.msn.com

Re: Loggin SQL Statements from JBOSS/JDBC

От
Richard Huxton
Дата:
On Friday 14 November 2003 16:15, Thomas LeBlanc wrote:
> Are there settings in PostgreSQL to log SQL Statements from client apps?
>
> Is yes, where are they logged to?
>
> We set log_statement=On, but where does the log get sritten to?

Depends on how you start PG - you'll need to check your startup scripts.

If you want to, you can set it up to use syslog (set syslog=2, see the
relevant section of the manuals)

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd

Re: Loggin SQL Statements from JBOSS/JDBC

От
"Thomas LeBlanc"
Дата:
Where are the log files written?

Thanks,
Thomas LeBlanc

>From: Richard Huxton <dev@archonet.com>
>To: "Thomas LeBlanc" <thomasatiem@hotmail.com>,pgsql-general@postgresql.org
>Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Loggin SQL Statements from JBOSS/JDBC
>Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 17:07:37 +0000
>
>On Friday 14 November 2003 16:15, Thomas LeBlanc wrote:
> > Are there settings in PostgreSQL to log SQL Statements from client apps?
> >
> > Is yes, where are they logged to?
> >
> > We set log_statement=On, but where does the log get sritten to?
>
>Depends on how you start PG - you'll need to check your startup scripts.
>
>If you want to, you can set it up to use syslog (set syslog=2, see the
>relevant section of the manuals)
>

>--
>   Richard Huxton
>   Archonet Ltd

From Beethoven to the Rolling Stones, your favorite music is always playing
on MSN Radio Plus. No ads, no talk. Trial month FREE!

Re: Loggin SQL Statements from JBOSS/JDBC

От
Richard Huxton
Дата:
On Friday 14 November 2003 17:08, Thomas LeBlanc wrote:
> Where are the log files written?

Usually somewhere in /var/log/ but it depends on your startup script. If
you're on RedHat Linux and using the RPMs then your startup script is
/etc/init.d/postgresql and it seems to redirect to /dev/null (around line
157).

Personally, I like to log via syslog. In your postgresql.conf set:
syslog = 2
syslog_facility = 'LOCAL0'
syslog_ident = 'postgres'

In /etc/syslog.conf add:
# Postgresql logfile
local0.*                        /var/log/postgresql

touch /var/log/postgresql

Add /var/log/postgresql to /etc/logrotate.d/syslog so you logs get recyled and
then:
service syslog restart
service postgresql restart

These are for RedHat Linux, but the process will be similar on most unix-like
systems.
--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd