Обсуждение: psql version mismatch

psql version mismatch

От
spam@fisher.forestry.uga.edu (Chris Fonnesbeck)
Дата:
I'm trying to run the latest Postgresql on OSX 10.3, but am receiving
a version mismatch error when I try and run the database:

dyld: psql version mismatch for library:
/usr/local/lib/libreadline.4.dylib (compatibility version of user:
4.2.0 greater than library's version: 4.0.0)
Trace/BPT trap

Has anyone else run into this problem, or know of a solution?

Thanks in advance for any help,
C.

Re: psql version mismatch

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
Simplest solution is to compile --without-readline.
However that is blow a lot of the psql functionality. If you don't use
psql then --without-readline will probably
solve it for you and you can use phpPgAdmin or pgAdmin or pgManage.

Sincerely,

Joshua Drake

Chris Fonnesbeck wrote:

>I'm trying to run the latest Postgresql on OSX 10.3, but am receiving
>a version mismatch error when I try and run the database:
>
>dyld: psql version mismatch for library:
>/usr/local/lib/libreadline.4.dylib (compatibility version of user:
>4.2.0 greater than library's version: 4.0.0)
>Trace/BPT trap
>
>Has anyone else run into this problem, or know of a solution?
>
>Thanks in advance for any help,
>C.

+1-503-222-2783 - jd@commandprompt.com - http://www.commandprompt.com
Editor-N-Chief - PostgreSQl.Org - http://www.postgresql.org

Re: psql version mismatch

Дата:
spam@fisher.forestry.uga.edu (Chris Fonnesbeck) writes:
> I'm trying to run the latest Postgresql on OSX 10.3, but am receiving
> a version mismatch error when I try and run the database:

> dyld: psql version mismatch for library:
> /usr/local/lib/libreadline.4.dylib (compatibility version of user:
> 4.2.0 greater than library's version: 4.0.0)

This sounds like a pretty standard dynamic-linker-is-finding-wrong-
version-of-shared-library problem.  I am not sufficiently familiar
with OS X to recall exactly how its linker searches for shared
libraries, but maybe that will be enough of a clue to get you
going ...

            regards, tom lane