Обсуждение: Locks information

Locks information

От
Fernando
Дата:
Hello,
I'm quite new with PostgreSQL, so this question might be quite dumb, but is there any structure storing information
aboutthe transactions which are locked in a moment? I mean, is there, for example, an array with the IDs of the
transactionswhich are locked in the same object? If so, what is its name?
Thanks in advance!

http://webmail.wanadoo.es. Tu correo gratuito, r�pido y en espa�ol

Re: Locks information

От
Rajesh Kumar Mallah
Дата:
you can have a look at
select * from pg_locks;

this works in postgresql ver 7.3

regds
mallah.

Fernando wrote:

>Hello,
>I'm quite new with PostgreSQL, so this question might be quite dumb, but is there any structure storing information
aboutthe transactions which are locked in a moment? I mean, is there, for example, an array with the IDs of the
transactionswhich are locked in the same object? If so, what is its name?
>Thanks in advance!

Re: Locks information

От
Fernando
Дата:
Ups, i didn't explain well. What i meant is that i need, in the source code of the 7.3.4 version, the name of the file
orfiles involve in the locking, i.e., in which file a transaction is locked, where is "waken up" when the lock is
releasedand those things.
-------
to: Rajesh Kumar Mallah <mallah@trade-india.com>
cc: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
date: 11/11/2003 12:15:27 PM
subject: Re: [GENERAL] Locks information

> you can have a look at

> select * from pg_locks;

> this works in postgresql ver 7.3

> regds

> mallah.

> Fernando wrote:

> >Hello,

> >I'm quite new with PostgreSQL, so this question might be quite dumb, but is there any structure storing information
aboutthe transactions which are locked in a moment? I mean, is there, for example, an array with the IDs of the
transactionswhich are locked in the same object? If so, what is its name?

> >Thanks in advance!

> >http://webmail.wanadoo.es. Tu correo gratuito, r�pido y en espa�ol

http://webmail.wanadoo.es. Tu correo gratuito, r�pido y en espa�ol

Re: Locks information

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
On Tue, Nov 11, 2003 at 12:20:42PM -0500, Fernando wrote:
> Ups, i didn't explain well. What i meant is that i need, in the source
> code of the 7.3.4 version, the name of the file or files involve in
> the locking, i.e., in which file a transaction is locked, where is
> "waken up" when the lock is released and those things.

src/backend/storage/lmgr perhaps?  There's a very informative README
there.

"Por suerte hoy explotó el califont porque si no me habría muerto
de aburrido"  (Papelucho)