Обсуждение: case-sensitive sorting and locale settings?

case-sensitive sorting and locale settings?

От
CSN
Дата:
On my windows/cygwin/PG 7.3.1 box, results are sorted
with lowercase appearing after uppercase. On my
redhat/PG 7.3.3 boxes results are sorted without
regard to case. Is there some locale (or other)
setting that controls this? If so, which locales do
which?

Or is this due to something else entirely - such as
the OS's?

http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree

Re: case-sensitive sorting and locale settings?

От
Peter Eisentraut
CSN writes:

> On my windows/cygwin/PG 7.3.1 box, results are sorted
> with lowercase appearing after uppercase. On my
> redhat/PG 7.3.3 boxes results are sorted without
> regard to case. Is there some locale (or other)
> setting that controls this? If so, which locales do
> which?

The first box apparently uses no locale (set to "C"), the second box uses
some locale (all locales behave that way).

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net