Обсуждение: Changing the buffer size

Changing the buffer size

От
"monu agrawal"

I want to change the buffer size of pgsql server, other than default size.
How can I do that. #############################################
#        Monu Agrawal            #
#    Indian Institute of Science        #
#           Bangalore            #
#           E-25                #
#           91-80-2932432            #

Re: Changing the buffer size

От
Shridhar Daithankar
Дата:
monu agrawal wrote:

> I want to change the buffer size of pgsql server, other than default size.
> How can I do that.

You need to edit postgresql.conf in the data directory.

HTH

  Bye
   Shridhar

Re: Changing the buffer size

От
Thierry Missimilly

Shridhar Daithankar wrote:

> monu agrawal wrote:
>
> > I want to change the buffer size of pgsql server, other than default size.
> > How can I do that.
>
> You need to edit postgresql.conf in the data directory.

And restart Postgres after modification by : pg_ctl reload

> HTH
>
>   Bye
>    Shridhar

Re: Changing the buffer size

Дата:
Thierry Missimilly wrote:

> Shridhar Daithankar wrote:
>
> > monu agrawal wrote:
> >
> > > I want to change the buffer size of pgsql server, other than default size.
> > > How can I do that.
> >
> > You need to edit postgresql.conf in the data directory.
>
> And restart Postgres after modification by : pg_ctl reload

He needs pg_ctl restart, rather than reload because reload doesn't
restart the server and that param is only honored on postmaster startup.