Обсуждение: SET AUTOCOMMIT OFF

SET AUTOCOMMIT OFF

От
Thierry Missimilly
Дата:
Hi,

I have got an error with PostgreSQL-7.4Beta4 :
ERROR SET AUTOCOMMIT TO OFF is no longer supported

I used these option to load huge Database as i can save time with it. Is
there an other option in PG 7.4 to do the same ?

Regards
Thierry Missimilly

Вложения

Re: SET AUTOCOMMIT OFF

Дата:
Thierry Missimilly <THIERRY.MISSIMILLY@BULL.NET> writes:
> I have got an error with PostgreSQL-7.4Beta4 :
> ERROR SET AUTOCOMMIT TO OFF is no longer supported
> I used these option to load huge Database as i can save time with it. Is
> there an other option in PG 7.4 to do the same ?

psql has a \set command for it.  See the release notes.

BTW, if you are going to load any huge databases I'd suggest updating to
beta5 or RC1 first.  We forced an initdb between beta4 and beta5 IIRC.

            regards, tom lane

Re: SET AUTOCOMMIT OFF

От
Kathy Zhu
Дата:
Do you mean that, this doesn't work any more ??

from jdbc
connextion.setAutoCommit(false)

Kathy Zhu wrote:
> Do you mean that, this doesn't work any more ??
>
> from jdbc
> connextion.setAutoCommit(false)

jdbc still works.  We have pushed the autocommit out to the clients like
psql and jdbc, rather than having the backend do it.