Обсуждение: Foreign Key to Inherited table

Foreign Key to Inherited table

От
Greg Hulands
Дата:
Person that has a primary key personID. Another table called ProUser
that inherits from Person. In another table called ProPriceSchedule I
have a foreign key constraint to the ProUser table, like so:
CONSTRAINT proUser FOREIGN KEY (personID) REFERENCES ProUser(personID).

The problem I am having is this: ERROR: UNIQUE constraint matching
given keys for referenced table "prouser" not found

Here are the tables for reference:

CREATE SEQUENCE pro_price_schedule_id;

CREATE TABLE ProPriceSchedule

(

scheduleID int8 PRIMARY KEY DEFAULT NEXTVAL('pro_price_schedule_id'),

personID int8 NOT NULL,

title varchar (32) NOT NULL CHECK (title <<> ''),

CONSTRAINT proUser FOREIGN KEY (personID) REFERENCES ProUser(personID)

);

CREATE SEQUENCE user_id;

CREATE TABLE Person

(

personID int8 PRIMARY KEY DEFAULT NEXTVAL('user_id'),

firstName varchar (32) NOT NULL CHECK (firstName <<> ''),

lastName varchar (32) NOT NULL CHECK (lastName <<> ''),

address1 varchar (64) NOT NULL CHECK (address1 <<> ''),

address2 varchar (64) ,

suburb varchar (32) NOT NULL,

stateID int2 NOT NULL,

postcode varchar (8) NOT NULL,

phone varchar (16) ,

mobile varchar (16) ,

email varchar (128) NOT NULL UNIQUE,

password varchar (16) NOT NULL,

CONSTRAINT state FOREIGN KEY (stateID) REFERENCES State(stateID)

);

CREATE TABLE ProUser

(

businessName varchar (64) NOT NULL CHECK (businessName <<> ''),

abn varchar (16) NOT NULL CHECK (abn <<> ''),

homepageHTML varchar (4096) ,

creditLimit decimal (10, 2) ,

enforceLimit bool NOT NULL,

fax varchar (16)

) INHERITS (Person);</x-tad-bigger></fontfamily>
I have a table called Person that has a primary key personID. Another
[...]

Re: Foreign Key to Inherited table

От
Stephan Szabo
Дата:
On Tue, 4 Nov 2003, Greg Hulands wrote:

> I have a table called Person that has a primary key personID. Another
> table called ProUser that inherits from Person. In another table called
> ProPriceSchedule I have a foreign key constraint to the ProUser table,
> like so: CONSTRAINT proUser FOREIGN KEY (personID) REFERENCES
> ProUser(personID).
>
> The problem I am having is this: ERROR: UNIQUE constraint matching
> given keys for referenced table "prouser" not found

That's because there isn't one. Primary keys, unique constraints and
foreign key constraints don't meaningfully inherit currently.  So, for now
ProUser has no unique constraint on the personID field unless you define
one in ProUser (and said constraint does not prevent a personID in Person
from being duplicated in ProUser).