Обсуждение: backup another server

backup another server

От
"Edwin Quijada"

Hi!!
I wanna take a whole database running in a box1 pg7.3.4 and moving to
another box2 with 7.3.4 too.
There is a fast way to do that??
Which??/

*-------------------------------------------------------*
*-Edwin Quijada
*-Developer DataBase
*-JQ Microsistemas
*-809-747-2787
* " Si deseas lograr cosas excepcionales debes de hacer cosas fuera de lo
comun"
*-------------------------------------------------------*

Fretting that your Hotmail account may expire because you forgot to sign in
enough? Get Hotmail Extra Storage today!
http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es

Re: backup another server

От
"scott.marlowe"
Дата:
On Wed, 29 Oct 2003, Edwin Quijada wrote:

> Hi!!
> I wanna take a whole database running in a box1 pg7.3.4 and moving to
> another box2 with 7.3.4 too.
> There is a fast way to do that??
> Which??/

The way I do it is:

pg_dumpall -h source_machine |psql -h dest_machine

Re: backup another server

От
Ron Jr
Дата:
On Wed, 2003-10-29 at 11:46, Edwin Quijada wrote:

> Hi!!
> I wanna take a whole database running in a box1 pg7.3.4 and moving to
> another box2 with 7.3.4 too.
> There is a fast way to do that??
> Which??/

oldserver:~ pg_dumpall foo.dmp && scp foo.dmp newserver:.
oldserver:~ ssh newserver
newserver:~ pg_restore foo.dmp

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA

LUKE: Is Perl better than Python?
YODA: No... no... no. Quicker, easier, more seductive.
LUKE: But how will I know why Python is better than Perl?
YODA: You will know. When your code you try to read six months
from now.