Обсуждение: plpgsql

plpgsql

От
Martin Marques
Дата:
We are trying to make some things work with plpgsql. The problem is that I
built several functions that call one another, and I thought that the way of
calling it was just making the assign:

var:=func1(arg1,arg2);

which gave me an error near ")".

Now if I did the same, but like this:

PERFORM ''SELECT func1(arg1,arg2)'';

it didn't give the error anymore. The problem was that the other function
(func1()) aparently didn't get executed (logs stop at the PERFORM).

Am I doing something wrong?

--
select 'mmarques' || '@' || 'unl.edu.ar' AS email;
Martín Marqués                  |        mmarques@unl.edu.ar

Re: plpgsql

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
On Sat, Oct 18, 2003 at 06:48:10PM -0300, Martin Marques wrote:
> We are trying to make some things work with plpgsql. The problem is that I
> built several functions that call one another, and I thought that the way of
> calling it was just making the assign:
>
> var:=func1(arg1,arg2);

Have you tried plpgsql's SELECT INTO ?

FWIW this works for me:
alvh=> create function a() returns text as 'select ''foo''::text' language sql;
CREATE FUNCTION

alvh=> create or replace function b() returns text as 'declare b text; begin select into b a(); return b; end;'
languageplpgsql;
CREATE FUNCTION

alvh=> select b();
-----
 foo
(1 registro)

alvh=> create or replace function b() returns text as 'declare b text; begin b := a(); return b; end;' language
plpgsql;
CREATE FUNCTION
alvh=> select b();
-----
 foo
(1 registro)

"Por suerte hoy explotó el califont porque si no me habría muerto
de aburrido"  (Papelucho)

Re: plpgsql

От
Pavel Stehule
Дата:
Hello

This works fine. I have PostgreSQL 7.4

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION foo1(int, int) RETURNS int AS '
BEGIN
  RETURN $1 + $2;
END; ' LANGUAGE plpgsql;

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION foo2() RETURNS boolean AS '
DECLARE i int;
BEGIN i := foo1(10,10);
  RETURN i = 20;
END; ' LANGUAGE plpgsql;

testdb011=> \i pokus.sql
CREATE FUNCTION
CREATE FUNCTION
testdb011=> select foo2();
 foo2
------
(1 řádka)

On Sat, 18 Oct 2003, Martin Marques wrote:

> We are trying to make some things work with plpgsql. The problem is that I
> built several functions that call one another, and I thought that the way of
> calling it was just making the assign:
>
> var:=func1(arg1,arg2);
>
> which gave me an error near ")".
>
> Now if I did the same, but like this:
>
> PERFORM ''SELECT func1(arg1,arg2)'';
>
> it didn't give the error anymore. The problem was that the other function
> (func1()) aparently didn't get executed (logs stop at the PERFORM).
>
> Am I doing something wrong?

Re: plpgsql

От
Martin Marques
Дата:
El Dom 19 Oct 2003 18:25, Alvaro Herrera escribió:
> On Sat, Oct 18, 2003 at 06:48:10PM -0300, Martin Marques wrote:
> > We are trying to make some things work with plpgsql. The problem is that
> > I built several functions that call one another, and I thought that the
> > way of calling it was just making the assign:
> >
> > var:=func1(arg1,arg2);
>
> Have you tried plpgsql's SELECT INTO ?

OK, let me be more specific. I tried this aready with this error:

2003-10-20 09:28:05 [27039]  ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near ")" at
character 15
2003-10-20 09:28:05 [27039]  WARNING:  plpgsql: ERROR during compile of
objetosdatosactualizadicc near line 2

Now, here are the specifications about my function.
I'm building a function that does things with the fields of each row inserted.
This function is called from a Trigger. Also, this function calls another
function with does the actual job (well, it really cals some other functions,
all writen in plpgsql).

Here's the code:

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION objetosdatosActualizaDicc() RETURNS TRIGGER AS '
DECLARE
    newPk    INT;
    oldPk    INT;
    newVcampo    VARCHAR;
    oldVcampo    VARCHAR;
    salida    RECORD;
BEGIN
    IF TG_OP = ''UPDATE'' OR TG_OP = ''INSERT'' THEN
        newPk := NEW.codigo;
        newVcampo := NEW.titulo;
    END IF;
    IF TG_OP = ''UPDATE'' OR TG_OP = ''DELETE'' THEN
        oldPk := OLD.codigo;
        oldVcampo := OLD.titulo;
    END IF;
    SELECT INTO salida
        actualizarDiccionario(newPk,newVcampo,oldPk,oldVcampo,
        ''biblioteca'',''titulo'',TG_RELNAME,TG_OP);
    RETURN NEW;
END;
' LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';

(actualizarDiccionario is declared like this:
actualizarDiccionario(INT,INT,INT,INT,VARCHAR,VARCHAR,VARCHAR,VARCHAR)
)

This is what's giving me the error:

2003-10-20 09:28:05 [27039]  ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near ")" at
character 15
2003-10-20 09:28:05 [27039]  WARNING:  plpgsql: ERROR during compile of
objetosdatosactualizadicc near line 2

If I change the last SELECT INTO for a PERFORM I don't get the error, but I
also don't get the things from actualizarDiccionario() done (as if it wasn't
executed).

--
 09:28:01 up 17 days, 19:00,  3 users,  load average: 0.33, 0.38, 0.36
Martín Marqués                  |        mmarques@unl.edu.ar

Re: plpgsql

Дата:
Martin Marques <martin@bugs.unl.edu.ar> writes:
> OK, let me be more specific. I tried this aready with this error:

> 2003-10-20 09:28:05 [27039]  ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near ")" at
> character 15
> 2003-10-20 09:28:05 [27039]  WARNING:  plpgsql: ERROR during compile of
> objetosdatosactualizadicc near line 2

Line 2 of the function is not where your assignment is; there seems to
be something wrong with your first variable declaration.  I'm not sure
what --- when I copied-and-pasted the text it worked fine.  One
possibility is that you seem to have tabs rather than spaces between
the variable name and datatype --- if you are trying to feed this file
in via psql, that could possibly boomerang on you.

            regards, tom lane

Re: plpgsql

От
Martin Marques
Дата:
El Lun 20 Oct 2003 10:54, escribió:
> Martin Marques <martin@bugs.unl.edu.ar> writes:
> > OK, let me be more specific. I tried this aready with this error:
> >
> > 2003-10-20 09:28:05 [27039]  ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near ")"
> > at character 15
> > 2003-10-20 09:28:05 [27039]  WARNING:  plpgsql: ERROR during compile of
> > objetosdatosactualizadicc near line 2
>
> Line 2 of the function is not where your assignment is; there seems to
> be something wrong with your first variable declaration.  I'm not sure
> what --- when I copied-and-pasted the text it worked fine.  One
> possibility is that you seem to have tabs rather than spaces between
> the variable name and datatype --- if you are trying to feed this file
> in via psql, that could possibly boomerang on you.

Great! I don't understand why I started putting tabs. The first 4 functions
have spaces between the variable name and the type.

That made it pass. I am now working on another function which is called from
this one.

Is there a standard way of debugging plpgsql code?

--
 11:11:01 up 17 days, 20:43,  3 users,  load average: 1.54, 1.68, 1.29
Martín Marqués                  |        mmarques@unl.edu.ar
Programador, Administrador, DBA |       Centro de Telematica
                       Universidad Nacional
                            del Litoral

Re: plpgsql

Дата:
Martin Marques <martin@bugs.unl.edu.ar> writes:
>> Line 2 of the function is not where your assignment is; there seems to
>> be something wrong with your first variable declaration.

> Great! I don't understand why I started putting tabs. The first 4 functions
> have spaces between the variable name and the type.

Okay.  I've improved the error reporting here for 7.4.  CVS tip now does

regression=# create function foo() returns int as '
regression'# declare
regression'#   xyzint;
regression'# begin
regression'#   ...
regression'# end' language plpgsql;
CREATE FUNCTION
regression=# select foo();
ERROR:  invalid type name ""
CONTEXT:  compile of PL/pgSQL function "foo" near line 2

which should be at least a little less confusing ...

            regards, tom lane