Обсуждение: ...

dipak_bhandari@afgsoftware.com.au

We are using Postgresql as the backend database for our upcoming software
application. We would like Postgresql to have the following functionalities :

1. Standard Error Codes along with textual error messages including error
codes for errors while dumping/restoring database/s.
2. Native Windows Support.

The above features are believed to be incorporated in the next stable release
of postgres. However, we'd like to know when can we expect the next stable
release with the above features.

Much appreciated,

Development Team
AFG Software Pty Ltd
Australia

Re:

От
Doug McNaught
Дата:
dipak_bhandari@afgsoftware.com.au writes:

> We are using Postgresql as the backend database for our upcoming software
> application. We would like Postgresql to have the following functionalities :
>
> 1. Standard Error Codes along with textual error messages including error
> codes for errors while dumping/restoring database/s.

This will be in 7.4, which is in late beta--should be released in
another month or so.  If you have a test platform for your application
you might want to install 7.4beta4 and see if it works for you.

> 2. Native Windows Support.

This was postponed until 7.5 or later, so it will be six to eight
months before a production release.

-Doug