Обсуждение: Problem with lock?

Problem with lock?

От
Bjørn T Johansen
Дата:
I run the following SQL before updating one table:

"lock table tablename"

but when I try do update the same table later on, the lock table command just hangs (i.e the table is already locked).
It was my understanding that this lock was removed when I call commit or do I have to explicitly unlock the table somehow?

Regards,

BTJ

Re: Problem with lock?

От
Bjørn T Johansen
Дата:
It looks like it was a one time happening... I restarted the database
and then tried again and then it all worked like a charm.... Hmmm....

BTJ

On Tue, 2003-09-30 at 12:33, Bjørn T Johansen wrote:
> I run the following SQL before updating one table:
>
> "lock table tablename"
>
> but when I try do update the same table later on, the lock table
> command just hangs (i.e the table is already locked).
> It was my understanding that this lock was removed when I call commit
> or do I have to explicitly unlock the table somehow?
>

> Regards,
>
> BTJ

Re: Problem with lock?

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Bjørn T Johansen writes:

> I run the following SQL before updating one table:
>
> "lock table tablename"
>
> but when I try do update the same table later on, the lock table command
> just hangs (i.e the table is already locked).
> It was my understanding that this lock was removed when I call commit or
> do I have to explicitly unlock the table somehow?

Show us what commands you are running, in what sequence, how many
sessions, etc.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net