Обсуждение: Building PostgreSQL non-default Block size

Building PostgreSQL non-default Block size

От
"Saleh, Amgad H (Amgad)"

The default block size which represents the page size is
8192 defined in pg_config.h.in.

I've been trying to increase that to 16384 and rebuild postgreSQL.
I was able to build it and it showed 16384 in the built pg_config.h.

After installation and use initdb, the pagesize is still the default 8192.
Any add'l config. procedure needed.

Re: Building PostgreSQL non-default Block size

Дата:
"Saleh, Amgad H (Amgad)" <ahsaleh@lucent.com> writes:
> The default block size which represents the page size is
> 8192 defined in pg_config.h.in.
> I've been trying to increase that to 16384 and rebuild postgreSQL.
> I was able to build it and it showed 16384 in the built pg_config.h.
> After installation and use initdb, the pagesize is still the default 8192.

I think you did not do a full rebuild ("make clean" etc).

            regards, tom lane