Обсуждение: detecting a NULL box

detecting a NULL box

От
dschmidt@lexmark.com
Дата:
Does anybody know how to detect a NULL in a geometric box type?

When I execute the following sql statement (coords is a box type)
autotest=# select coords from dlg_control limit 1
autotest-# \g
 coords
--------

(1 row)

So, I have data that contains a "NULL" in the coords column, but when I
test on box(NULL) I don't get any data...
autotest=# select coords from dlg_control where coords=box(NULL) limit 1
autotest-# \g
 coords
--------
(0 rows)

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Dennis

Re: detecting a NULL box

От
Guy Fraser
Дата:
I don't know why you want to list a NULL with no other info, but here
you go:

SELECT coords FROM dlg_control WHERE coords IS NULL LIMIT 1;

--
Guy Fraser
Network Administrator

There is a fine line between genius and lunacy, fear not, walk the
line with pride. Not all things will end up as you wanted, but you
will certainly discover things the meek and timid will miss out on.