Обсуждение: 7.4 defaulting to ipv6 ?

7.4 defaulting to ipv6 ?

От
Kaare Rasmussen
Дата:
Sorry if this is obvious to you, but it's not obvious to me.

In 7.4 this

psql -h 127.0.0.1 test and
psql -h localhost test

will be authenticated as ipv6 addresses. As long as you know, it's OK, but is
this intentional?

Howitzvej 75               Åben 12.00-18.00        Email: kar@kakidata.dk
2000 Frederiksberg        Lørdag 12.00-16.00       Web:      www.suse.dk

Re: 7.4 defaulting to ipv6 ?

Дата:
Kaare Rasmussen wrote:
> Sorry if this is obvious to you, but it's not obvious to me.
>
> In 7.4 this
>
> psql -h 127.0.0.1 test and
> psql -h localhost test
>
> will be authenticated as ipv6 addresses. As long as you know, it's OK, but is
> this intentional?

This will be clearer in 7.4beta3.  We will accept 127.0.0.1 properly.

Re: 7.4 defaulting to ipv6 ?

Дата:
Kaare Rasmussen <kar@kakidata.dk> writes:
> Sorry if this is obvious to you, but it's not obvious to me.
> In 7.4 this
> psql -h 127.0.0.1 test and
> psql -h localhost test
> will be authenticated as ipv6 addresses.

Only if your libc and/or kernel preferentially treats them as ipv6.

CVS tip contains a fix to allow ipv4 addresses in pg_hba.conf to match
ipv4-mapped-to-v6 ipv6 connections; this should allow people to continue
believing they are using ipv4 even when their system is mapping to v6.

            regards, tom lane