Обсуждение: bolb data type

bolb data type

От
Gagan Anand
Дата:
Hello,
      i have data in form of images which are in GB's,
i need to store the extracted data from the images.
This will required large fields size.
    I was thinking of Blob data type as we have in
Oracle. Do we have blob data type in postgreSQL, if
yes in which version.

Thank's
Gagan Anand
India.

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

Re: bolb data type

От
DeJuan Jackson
Дата:
Gagan Anand wrote:

>Hello,
>      i have data in form of images which are in GB's,
>i need to store the extracted data from the images.
>This will required large fields size.
>    I was thinking of Blob data type as we have in
>Oracle. Do we have blob data type in postgreSQL, if
>yes in which version.
>
>Thank's
>Gagan Anand
>India.

See: large objects, bytea, and text  all of which can store 2GB or more
as of 7.3X.