Обсуждение: ERROR: PLPGSQL does not exist

ERROR: PLPGSQL does not exist

От
"Amin Schoeib"

When I Try to write Functions I always become the error
That the language plpgsql doesn't exist.
I tried it this way:
createlang plpgsql template1
createlang -l template1

Procedural languages
  Name   | Trusted?
---------+----------
 plpgsql | t
(1 row)

I also restart the database but no effect.
What am I doing wrong??
Sorry but I'm a Postgres newbie. I worked until yet with Oracle and now we want to change
On Postgres.

Best regards

Schoeib

4Tek Gesellschaft für angewandte Informationstechnologien mbH
Schoeib Amin
Tel.  +49 (0) 69 697688-132
Fax. +49 (0) 69 697688-111
http://www.4tek.de

Re: ERROR: PLPGSQL does not exist

От
"Shridhar Daithankar"
Дата:
On 3 Sep 2003 at 11:44, Amin Schoeib wrote:
> When I Try to write Functions I always become the error
> That the language plpgsql doesn't exist.
> I tried it this way:
> createlang plpgsql template1
> createlang -l template1
> Procedural languages
>  Name | Trusted?
> ---------+----------
> plpgsql | t
> (1 row)
> I also restart the database but no effect.
> What am I doing wrong??
> Sorry but I'm a Postgres newbie. I worked until yet with Oracle and now we want
> to change

You need to create the language pl/pgsql so that you can create a function in
that language.

Check documentation for create lnaguage syntax or man page of createlang
command. Most probably all you need is a 'createlang plpgsql' from shell prompt
but I am probably bit rusty on details..

Bye
 Shridhar

--
Suffocating together ... would create heroic camaraderie.        -- Khan Noonian
Singh, "Space Seed", stardate 3142.8

Re: ERROR: PLPGSQL does not exist

От
Csaba Nagy
Дата:
You are creating the plpgsql language on the template1 database.
From now on it will be available in all __newly created__ database
(cause template1 is the template of new DBs, as it's name suggests), but
not in your already existing ones... there you must create it
explicitly:
createlang plpgsql your_existing_db_name

HTH,
Csaba.