Обсуждение: identifying each individual tuple locked

identifying each individual tuple locked

От
"Jenny -"
Дата:
I understand that ObjID of LOCKtag recognizes each individual row locked by
a row level lock. BUt i have noticed that if i lock 2 different rows of the
same table they have the same blkno. is this deduction ok?
thanks
jenny

http://join.msn.com/?page=features/parental

Re: identifying each individual tuple locked

Дата:
"Jenny -" <nat_lazy@hotmail.com> writes:
> I understand that ObjID of LOCKtag recognizes each individual row locked by
> a row level lock. BUt i have noticed that if i lock 2 different rows of the
> same table they have the same blkno. is this deduction ok?

If they happen to be stored in the same block, they'd have the same blkno ...

            regards, tom lane

Re: identifying each individual tuple locked

От
"Jenny -"

> > I understand that ObjID of LOCKtag recognizes each individual row locked
>by
> > a row level lock. BUt i have noticed that if i lock 2 different rows of
>the
> > same table they have the same blkno. is this deduction ok?
>
>If they happen to be stored in the same block, they'd have the same blkno

then how would we recognize each individual row locked?