Обсуждение: pgAdminII Error

pgAdminII Error

От
javier garcia - CEBAS
Дата:
Hi all;
Up to date. I've used Microsoft Access as a WindowsXP Client for Postgres.
But I want to know if pgAdmin can do the job.
I've downloaded pgAdminII Version 1.6.0 for Windows.
My current Postgres version is 7.2
And I can acces it from Microsoft Access2000
.
When I try to connect the server from pgAdminI, I receive the message:

FATAL1: Missing or erroneous pg_hba.conf file, see postmaster log for details.

But I'm using postgres with normality. Can you help me with this?

Thanks and regards

Javier

Schema

От
Carmen Gloria Sepulveda Dedes
Дата:
Hi!

I want to know if the statement "create schema" exists for postgres 7.3.x.

Thanks.

CGS

Re: Schema

От
Bruno Wolff III
Дата:
On Fri, Aug 22, 2003 at 10:12:05 -0400,
  Carmen Gloria Sepulveda Dedes <csepulveda@atichile.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I want to know if the statement "create schema" exists for postgres 7.3.x.

Yes. Schemas got added to Postgres in 7.3.

Re: Schema

От
Dennis Björklund
Дата:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.3/static/sql-createschema.html

--
/Dennis

Re: Schema

От
Carmen Gloria Sepulveda Dedes
Дата:
Thanks.
Exists a one to one relationship between schemas and users?

Bruno Wolff III wrote:

> Yes. Schemas got added to Postgres in 7.3.

Re: Schema

От
"scott.marlowe"
Дата:
On Fri, 22 Aug 2003, Carmen Gloria Sepulveda Dedes wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I want to know if the statement "create schema" exists for postgres 7.3.x.

Yes it does.

Re: Schema

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
On Fri, Aug 22, 2003 at 10:28:56AM -0400, Carmen Gloria Sepulveda Dedes wrote:
> Thanks.
> Exists a one to one relationship between schemas and users?

No.

"Crear es tan dificil como ser libre" (Elsa Triolet)

Re: pgAdminII Error

От
Ron
Дата:
javier garcia - CEBAS wrote:

>Hi all;
>Up to date. I've used Microsoft Access as a WindowsXP Client for Postgres.
>But I want to know if pgAdmin can do the job.
>I've downloaded pgAdminII Version 1.6.0 for Windows.
>My current Postgres version is 7.2
>And I can acces it from Microsoft Access2000
>.
>When I try to connect the server from pgAdminI, I receive the message:
>
>FATAL1: Missing or erroneous pg_hba.conf file, see postmaster log for details.
>
>But I'm using postgres with normality. Can you help me with this?
>
>Thanks and regards
>
>Javier

You need to change your pg_hba.conf file to grant access for pgAdimII's
user and ip address, by adding/modifying a line in the conf file. Then
restart the postmaster or send it a sighup to reread the configuration
settings. Check out the documentation at
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.3/static/client-authentication.html

Ron