Обсуждение: remove $ from money field

remove $ from money field

От
Robby Russell
Дата:
Should be a simple question.

When selecting a field that is of type money, how can I remove the $
when selected?

example: $10.00 would return as 10.00

-Robby

Re: remove $ from money field

От
Arguile
Дата:
On Fri, 2003-08-08 at 20:04, Robby Russell wrote:
> Should be a simple question.
>
> When selecting a field that is of type money, how can I remove the $
> when selected?
>
> example: $10.00 would return as 10.00

money as a datatype is deprecated, use numeric(9,2) instead (or whatever
precision you need).

Datatypes:
http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/datatype-money.html
http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/datatype.html#DATATYPE-NUMERIC-DECIMAL

Formatting:
http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/functions-formatting.html

Re: remove $ from money field

Дата:
Robby Russell <rrussell@commandprompt.com> writes:
> When selecting a field that is of type money, how can I remove the $
> when selected?

Actually, almost the only thing money does for you is put in the $ sign
;-).  I'd recommend using type numeric instead, if you have any desire
for more flexibility.

            regards, tom lane

Re: remove $ from money field

От
Robert Treat
Дата:
As others have said, money is deprecated. I used this function to
migrate some money data once; you could use it to reformat data if you
wanted.

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION x_money(money) RETURNS decimal AS '

    set moneydata $1

    regsub -all {[,$]} $moneydata {} workable

    return $workable

' language 'pltclu';

Robert Treat

--
PostgreSQL :: The Enterprise Open Source Database