Обсуждение: Fatal error: Call to undefined function: pg_connect()

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: pg_connect()

От
"shreedhar"
Дата:
Hi All,

I updated postgre from 7.2.4 to 7.3.2 in my RHLinux7.3 system and updated
current pghba.conf and postgresql.conf files as per my need. But If I try to
connect through PHP which was connecting earlier with 7.2.4 is giving the
following error

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: pg_connect()

Can any body encounter the same problem earlier can help me that in solving.

Thanks alot,

Sreedhar Bhaskararaju

Re: Fatal error: Call to undefined function: pg_connect()

От
"shreedhar"
Дата:
Is it necessary to uninstall previous version of PHP in my system. Which is
the better compatible version for Postgre 7.3.2.

Can you give any link/info for recompiling PHP

Sreedhar

shreedhar wrote:

> Is it necessary to uninstall previous version of PHP in my system.

No,but a new recompile will probably over-write the version you have now.

> Which is the better compatible version for Postgre 7.3.2.

Most recent should be the best I would think.

> Can you give any link/info for recompiling PHP

www.php.net ?

If you have never compiled PHP before I would suggest reading up on
compilation before-hand and even asking the php help list. Recompiling
PHP also means you need to recompile Apache (if that is the web server
you are using).

Jean-Christian Imbeault

Re: Fatal error: Call to undefined function: pg_connect()

От
"Cornelia Boenigk"
Дата:
Hi

did you configure php for PostgreSQL support

./configure --with-pgsql

Regards
Conni

Re: Fatal error: Call to undefined function: pg_connect()

От
"Reuben D. Budiardja"
Дата:
On Tuesday 05 August 2003 03:31 am, Jean-Christian Imbeault wrote:
> shreedhar wrote:
> > Is it necessary to uninstall previous version of PHP in my system.
>
> No,but a new recompile will probably over-write the version you have now.
>
> > Which is the better compatible version for Postgre 7.3.2.
>
> Most recent should be the best I would think.
>
> > Can you give any link/info for recompiling PHP
>
> www.php.net ?
>
> If you have never compiled PHP before I would suggest reading up on
> compilation before-hand and even asking the php help list. Recompiling
> PHP also means you need to recompile Apache (if that is the web server
> you are using).

No, you don't need to recompile Apache to recompile PHP, just restart the
webserver.

My guess would be when you update the new postgresql library override the old
one, so PHP needs to be recompile to use the new library.

My suggestion, easiest thing to do would be to write a PHP script with just
<?
phpinfo();
?>
and run the script (or browse it through the web). You will see all your old
configure options there. Use that to configure your new PHP (make sure you
have the option --with-pgsql), do "make", 'make install', and you should be
good to go.

RDB

Reuben D. Budiardja
Department of Physics and Astronomy
/"\  ASCII Ribbon Campaign against HTML
\ /  email and proprietary format
 X   attachments.
/ \
Have you been used by Microsoft today?
Choose your life. Choose freedom.
Choose LINUX.

Re: Fatal error: Call to undefined function: pg_connect()

От
"shreedhar"
Дата:
Hi All,

After Updating Postgre Server from 7.2.4 to 7.3.2, I have recompiled same
version of PHP which is available earlier in RH7.3 (i.e.  PHP 4.1.2).
Updated php.ini.
But still pg_connect problem is persisting.

Regards,
Sreedhar