Обсуждение: Can trigger return value

Can trigger return value

От
Deepa K
Дата:
Hi,
        Thanks for your prompt reply.
        I think I didn't explained the problem
clearly.
        Actually when a client (from an application like java)
tries to access the server database which is in network
How could I solve the problem. Is 'RAISE EXCEPTION' solves
the above problem. If so please explain me.

regards,
Deepa K.

Re: Can trigger return value

От
Dmitry Tkach
Deepa K wrote:

>Hi,
>        Thanks for your prompt reply.
>        I think I didn't explained the problem
>clearly.
>        Actually when a client (from an application like java)
>tries to access the server database which is in network
>How could I solve the problem. Is 'RAISE EXCEPTION' solves
>the above problem. If so please explain me.

You application will receive an exception with an error message after it
tries to do something, that is disallowed by your trogger.

I hope, it helps...

Dima