Обсуждение: What is the max size for a bytea field?

What is the max size for a bytea field?

От
u15074
Дата:
I'd like to know what the max size for a bytea field is.
I can't find any according information in the docs.

Thanks
Andreas

Re: What is the max size for a bytea field?

От
Joe Conway
Дата:
u15074 wrote:
> I'd like to know what the max size for a bytea field is.
> I can't find any according information in the docs.

I believe the theoretical max is 2 ^ 30 (1,073,741,824 bytes, i.e. about
1 GB). However keep in mind that you'll need several times that
memory-wise for the various copies of the field while processing it.

Joe

Re: What is the max size for a bytea field?

От
"scott.marlowe"
Дата:
On Mon, 14 Jul 2003, u15074 wrote:

> I'd like to know what the max size for a bytea field is.
> I can't find any according information in the docs.

somewhere around 1 gig, maybe 2.