Обсуждение: Native dataprovider on Windows

Native dataprovider on Windows

От
"adivi"
Дата:
Hi,

    are there any

        Windows based
        native data providers
        for PostGreSql
        that can be used from .Net applications
        other than Mono

regards
-adivi

Re: Native dataprovider on Windows

От
Richard Huxton
Дата:
On Wednesday 09 Jul 2003 5:36 am, adivi wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     are there any
>
>         Windows based
>         native data providers
>         for PostGreSql
>         that can be used from .Net applications
>         other than Mono

I know nothing about .Net, but there is this:

http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/npgsql/projdisplay.php

Sorry if you already know of the project
--
  Richard Huxton

Re: Native dataprovider on Windows

От
"Ivar"
Дата:
Use odbc instead, this is very beta jet.
odbc works almost ok.

"Richard Huxton" <dev@archonet.com> wrote in message
On Wednesday 09 Jul 2003 5:36 am, adivi wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     are there any
>
>         Windows based
>         native data providers
>         for PostGreSql
>         that can be used from .Net applications
>         other than Mono

I know nothing about .Net, but there is this:

http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/npgsql/projdisplay.php

Sorry if you already know of the project
--
  Richard Huxton

Re: Native dataprovider on Windows

От
Serkan Bektaþ
Дата:
Hi,

http://zeoslib.sourceforge.net/zeos_zdo_main.php
Low-level plain API for access to client part of MySql, PostgreSql and
Interbase

I think these are for Delphi

Regards,
Serkan Bektas

On Wednesday 09 Jul 2003 5:36 am, adivi wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     are there any
>
>         Windows based
>         native data providers
>         for PostGreSql
>         that can be used from .Net applications
>         other than Mono

I know nothing about .Net, but there is this:

http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/npgsql/projdisplay.php

Sorry if you already know of the project
--
  Richard Huxton

Re: Native dataprovider on Windows

От
Michal Zaborowski
Дата:
Hi,

Serkan Bektaþ wrote:
> Hi,
>
> http://zeoslib.sourceforge.net/zeos_zdo_main.php
> Low-level plain API for access to client part of MySql, PostgreSql and
> Interbase
>
> I think these are for Delphi

Yes.

   They are useing fetch all. Delphi has it's own "point of data view",
so that components have their own parser - some queries would not run.
For Postgres and Delphi PgDAO is better, but commertial.
   Delphi also has something called DBExpress - but I have no idea about
running it under .Net. DBExpress uses native drivers and serves common
interface to Delphi apps.

   Since Postgres is going to have savepoints/nestled trans - it is
becomes very attractive for delphi.

I hope it will help...

--
Michal Zaborowski (TeXXaS)