Обсуждение: Transaction Blocks

Transaction Blocks

От
Mat
Дата:
I believe that its more efficient to group INSERT's together and COMMIT
them in groups.
However, I am automatically entering a lot of data and some of its is
not unique. How can I reap the benefits of using BEGIN and COMMIT
without the whole block of transactions failing if one is duplicated.

Thanks!

Re: Transaction Blocks

От
Andrew Sullivan
Дата:
On Mon, Jul 07, 2003 at 07:56:44PM +0100, Mat wrote:

> not unique. How can I reap the benefits of using BEGIN and COMMIT
> without the whole block of transactions failing if one is duplicated.

You can't.  You need to be able to retry.

----
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110

Re: Transaction Blocks

От
"Jay O'Connor"
Дата:
On 2003.07.07 11:56 Mat wrote:
> I believe that its more efficient to group INSERT's together and COMMIT
> them in groups.
> However, I am automatically entering a lot of data and some of its is
> not unique. How can I reap the benefits of using BEGIN and COMMIT
> without the whole block of transactions failing if one is duplicated.

Best I could guess would be that you'll need to pre-process the data to
ensure that the data is good.

Take care,
Jay