Обсуждение: Failure to install 7.3.3

Failure to install 7.3.3

От
"Daniel E. Fisher"
Дата:
I get an error during config I have redhat 7.2.  readline library and Zlib
library not found...they are installed with the latest version how do I fix
this?

-Dan

Re: Failure to install 7.3.3

От
Paul Ramsey
Дата:
Red Hat (and most other RPM based distros) split libraries into
"runtime" and "development" halves. In order to actually compile
software against the libraries, you must install the development half.
So, to compile against readline, you must also install the
readline-devel RPM.

--
       __
      /
      | Paul Ramsey
      | Refractions Research
      | Email: pramsey@refractions.net
      | Phone: (250) 885-0632
      \_

Re: Failure to install 7.3.3

От
"scott.marlowe"
Дата:
On Tue, 24 Jun 2003, Daniel E. Fisher wrote:

> I get an error during config I have redhat 7.2.  readline library and Zlib
> library not found...they are installed with the latest version how do I fix
> this?

you need the -devel versions of those RPMs.  i.e. readline-devel etc...

Re: Failure to install 7.3.3

От
Mike Mascari
Дата:
Paul Ramsey wrote:

> Red Hat (and most other RPM based distros) split libraries into
> "runtime" and "development" halves. In order to actually compile
> software against the libraries, you must install the development half.
> So, to compile against readline, you must also install the
> readline-devel RPM.
>
> Daniel E. Fisher wrote:
>
>> I get an error during config I have redhat 7.2.  readline library and
>> Zlib library not found...they are installed with the latest version how do
>> I fix this?

Also, even though the SRPM dependencies don't explicitly state a
requirement for them, I have found that I must also install
termcap-devel to get readline support to build.

Mike Mascari
mascarm@mascari.com

Re: Failure to install 7.3.3

От
wsheldah@lexmark.com
Дата:
If that's true, then termcap-devel should probably be added to the SRPM
dependencies. Isn't the RPM maintainer on this list? (wink wink)

Wes

Mike Mascari <mascarm@mascari.com>@postgresql.org on 06/24/2003 03:32:22 PM

Sent by:    pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org

> Red Hat (and most other RPM based distros) split libraries into
> "runtime" and "development" halves. In order to actually compile
> software against the libraries, you must install the development half.
> So, to compile against readline, you must also install the
> readline-devel RPM.
>
> Daniel E. Fisher wrote:
>
>> I get an error during config I have redhat 7.2.  readline library and
>> Zlib library not found...they are installed with the latest version how
do
>> I fix this?

Also, even though the SRPM dependencies don't explicitly state a
requirement for them, I have found that I must also install
termcap-devel to get readline support to build.

Mike Mascari
mascarm@mascari.com

 TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster