Обсуждение: Tool for BackUp

Tool for BackUp

От
"Pedro C. Arias"
Дата:
Hello, anybody know a tool to backup/restore remotely a Postgres database
like SQL Server, sorry for the comparasion.

Saludos
Pedro.

Re: Tool for BackUp

От
Richard Huxton
Дата:
On Friday 16 May 2003 1:58 pm, Pedro C. Arias wrote:
> Hello, anybody know a tool to backup/restore remotely a Postgres database
> like SQL Server, sorry for the comparasion.

I just ssh to the server and run pg_dump. You could automate this if it's
something you do regularly, or have I misunderstood your question?
--
  Richard Huxton

Re: Tool for BackUp

От
"scott.marlowe"
Дата:
On Fri, 16 May 2003, Pedro C. Arias wrote:

> Hello, anybody know a tool to backup/restore remotely a Postgres database
> like SQL Server, sorry for the comparasion.

pg_dump works a charm, as long as you can get to the port.  If you can
only get web access remotely, maybe ftp, then you could set up a
CGI/mod_perl/mod_php script that basically sends a text/plain header then
passes thru the output from pg_dump.

In PHP: (Note this script needs to have NO spaces or blank lines before
the opening <?php tag...

<?php
header("content-type: text/plain");
passthru("/usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_dump dbname");
?>

Re: Tool for BackUp

От
Andrew Sullivan
Дата:
On Fri, May 16, 2003 at 09:58:35AM -0300, Pedro C. Arias wrote:
> Hello, anybody know a tool to backup/restore remotely a Postgres database
> like SQL Server, sorry for the comparasion.

Use pg_dump.

----
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110