Обсуждение: How to get required space between field names

How to get required space between field names

От
"shreedhar"
Дата:
Hi All,

How to get required space between field names.

example.
field name is : contactid
But I would like to display it as 'Contact Id' in my report.

If I write query like in SQLServer 2000 I am getting an error.

* SELECT contactid AS [Contact Id] FROM tContacts;

How can I get similar to above operation.

Thanks & Regards,
Sreedhar Bhaskararaju

Our greatest happiness in life does not depend on the condition of life in which chance has placed us, but is always the result of good conscience, good health, occupation, and freedom in all just pursuits

Re: How to get required space between field names

От
"alex b."
Дата:
M$:
SELECT contactid AS [Contact Id] FROM tContacts;

PostGRE:

shreedhar wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> How to get required space between field names.
>
> example.
> field name is : contactid
> But I would like to display it as 'Contact Id' in my report.
>
> If I write query like in SQLServer 2000 I am getting an error.
>
> * SELECT contactid AS [Contact Id] FROM tContacts;
>
> How can I get similar to above operation.
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> Sreedhar Bhaskararaju
>
> Our greatest happiness in life does not depend on the condition of life
> in which chance has placed us, but is always the result of good
> conscience, good health, occupation, and freedom in all just pursuits

Re: How to get required space between field names

От
Darko Prenosil
Дата:
On Tuesday 20 May 2003 08:31, shreedhar wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> How to get required space between field names.
>
> example.
> field name is : contactid
> But I would like to display it as 'Contact Id' in my report.
>
> If I write query like in SQLServer 2000 I am getting an error.
>
> * SELECT contactid AS [Contact Id] FROM tContacts;

How about:
    SELECT contactid AS "Contact Id" FROM "tContacts";

Be very careful with mixing upper and lower cases in object names.
If Your table name is upper or mixed case You must quote it too, as shown
in example.

> How can I get similar to above operation.
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> Sreedhar Bhaskararaju
>
> Our greatest happiness in life does not depend on the condition of life in
> which chance has placed us, but is always the result of good conscience,
> good health, occupation, and freedom in all just pursuits

Regards !

Re: How to get required space between field names

От
"Nigel J. Andrews"
Дата:
On Tue, 20 May 2003, Darko Prenosil wrote:

>     SELECT contactid AS "Contact Id" FROM "tContacts";
>
> Be very careful with mixing upper and lower cases in object names.
> If Your table name is upper or mixed case You must quote it too, as shown
> in example.

It's amazing how many of us failed to think about the table name in that
question.

--
Nigel Andrews