Обсуждение: pg_dump && tar && /tmp

pg_dump && tar && /tmp

От
Mathieu Arnold
Дата:
Hi,

I have a FreeBSD box with a quite large database, and my /tmp is only 128MB,
and pg_dump -F t should needs about 2GB. As I can't make /tmp bigger, is
there a way to tell pg_dump to dump it's files somewhere else ?

--
Mathieu Arnold

Re: pg_dump && tar && /tmp

От
"Jim C. Nasby"
Дата:
Have you tried changing $TEMP when you start postgresql?

On Sat, May 10, 2003 at 05:48:26PM +0200, m@mat.cc wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a FreeBSD box with a quite large database, and my /tmp is only 128MB,
> and pg_dump -F t should needs about 2GB. As I can't make /tmp bigger, is
> there a way to tell pg_dump to dump it's files somewhere else ?

--
Jim C. Nasby (aka Decibel!)                    jim@nasby.net

Re: pg_dump && tar && /tmp

От
Mathieu Arnold

--Le 10/05/2003 12:19 -0500, Jim C. Nasby écrivait :

| Have you tried changing $TEMP when you start postgresql?

It used to be TMPDIR. I'll try that.

--
Mathieu Arnold

Re: pg_dump && tar && /tmp

От
Mathieu Arnold

--Le 10/05/2003 12:19 -0500, Jim C. Nasby écrivait :

| Have you tried changing $TEMP when you start postgresql?

I tried some export TEMP="/usr/tmp" when launching postmaster, when
launching pg_dump, does not work.

--
Mathieu Arnold