Обсуждение: Timebased user access

Timebased user access

От
Ralph Graulich
Дата:
Hi,

is there any solution for granting time based access to a particular
database or even a group of relations?

For example:

user "salstaf02" can connect weekdays from 9.00 am to 6.00 pm
user "salstaf03" can connect weekdays from 2.00 pm to 6.00 pm
user "salstaf09" can connect saturdays from 8.00 am to 2.00 pm

and so on.

Kind regards
... Ralph ...

Re: Timebased user access

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
On Tue, May 06, 2003 at 11:42:36AM +0200, Ralph Graulich wrote:

> is there any solution for granting time based access to a particular
> database or even a group of relations?
>
> For example:
>
> user "salstaf02" can connect weekdays from 9.00 am to 6.00 pm
> user "salstaf03" can connect weekdays from 2.00 pm to 6.00 pm
> user "salstaf09" can connect saturdays from 8.00 am to 2.00 pm

Yes, you should use PAM authentication and configure that accordingly.
There are a couple of pointers to PAM manuals in our documentation.

"In fact, the basic problem with Perl 5's subroutines is that they're not
crufty enough, so the cruft leaks out into user-defined code instead, by
the Conservation of Cruft Principle."  (Larry Wall, Apocalypse 6)

Re: Timebased user access

От
Ralph Graulich
Дата:
Hi Alvaro,

> Yes, you should use PAM authentication and configure that accordingly.
> There are a couple of pointers to PAM manuals in our documentation.

Thanks for your input. I will suggest your solution to the friend of mine
who asked me about this topic, as he thought I knew postgreSQL better than
him.

The users should still be able to log in (shell access), have their curses
based application available, but just can't see some tables or views. I
will check the PAM based solution with Sebastian and see wether it suits
his needs.

Thanks alot again.

Kind regards
... Ralph ...