Обсуждение: Installin Postgres

Installin Postgres

От
"Mario Caspari"
Дата:
Hi,

i'd just installed postgresql-7.3.2 on a Suse 8.2 with some Problems I can't
solve.
The error message was 'readline library not found, compile
with --without-readline'
I did so, but addiotional --enable-locale and --enable-odbc.
It compiled and installed well -I thought. But I can't start the postmaster
service with the error message:
Failed to initialize lc_messages to ´´
'Fatal invalid value for option LC_MESSAGES'
First I installed postgresql from the Suse Distri, but with the same effect.
By the way - readline is installed and I added the Path where it reside to
the ld.so.conf.
I assume a package is missing on my system, but also 'googlen' didn't solve
it...
Is there any help?

Best regards

mario

Re: Installin Postgres

От
Shridhar Daithankar
Дата:
On Tuesday 06 May 2003 11:53, Mario Caspari wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i'd just installed postgresql-7.3.2 on a Suse 8.2 with some Problems I
> can't solve.
> The error message was 'readline library not found, compile
> with --without-readline'

You need to install readline-devel.

 HTH

 Shridhar

Re: Installin Postgres

От
Karsten Hilbert
Дата:
> The error message was 'readline library not found, compile
> with --without-readline'
> I did so, but addiotional --enable-locale and --enable-odbc.
> It compiled and installed well -I thought. But I can't start the postmaster
> service with the error message:
> Failed to initialize lc_messages to ??
> 'Fatal invalid value for option LC_MESSAGES'
This isn't related to the readline problem but rather to
--enable-locale. Your postgres binary isn't happy with how your
locale is set up. You'd need to check that.

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346

Re: Installin Postgres

Дата:
"Mario Caspari" <mariocaspari@salo-ag.de> writes:
> It compiled and installed well -I thought. But I can't start the postmaster
> service with the error message:
> Failed to initialize lc_messages to ��
> 'Fatal invalid value for option LC_MESSAGES'

You apparently have something weird in your locale environment.  I'd
suggest editing postgresql.conf to set the LC_xxx variables (look at
the bottom) to 'C', or at least something supported on your platform.

            regards, tom lane