Обсуждение: ODBC & Access [Try 2]

ODBC & Access [Try 2]

От
"David Olbersen"
Дата:
I'm trying to use Access as a front end for Postgres. This is
mainly for data-entry and manual updates.

I was able to establish an ODBC connection to the server
without any problems. I was also able to link the tables that
I need. I linked 8 tables total.

7 of them work just fine and I can see all the data in them.
The last one though, only displays '#DELETED' for each column
of each row. I checked the permissions on all the tables and
they're the same -- I have read access (all I need for now, right?)

Any idea what's going on? This is PostgreSQL 7.3.2 on FreeBSD with the PostgreSQL ODBC driver version 7.02.00.05 on Win
XP.

--------------------------
David Olbersen

Re: ODBC & Access [Try 2]

От
Jeff Eckermann
Дата:
--- David Olbersen <DOlbersen@stbernard.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to use Access as a front end for
> Postgres. This is
> mainly for data-entry and manual updates.
>
> I was able to establish an ODBC connection to the
> server
> without any problems. I was also able to link the
> tables that
> I need. I linked 8 tables total.
>
> 7 of them work just fine and I can see all the data
> in them.
> The last one though, only displays '#DELETED' for
> each column
> of each row. I checked the permissions on all the
> tables and
> they're the same -- I have read access (all I need
> for now, right?)
>
> Any idea what's going on? This is PostgreSQL 7.3.2
> on FreeBSD with the PostgreSQL ODBC driver version
> 7.02.00.05 on Win XP.

<guess>
Make sure driver option "row versioning" is checked.
Also, make sure that the offending table has a primary
key that Access is recognizing as such.
</guess>
If both of those conditions are met, and you still
have a problem, please post your driver settings.

http://search.yahoo.com

Re: ODBC & Access [Try 2]

От
"David Olbersen"
> Make sure driver option "row versioning" is checked.
> Also, make sure that the offending table has a primary
> key that Access is recognizing as such.
> </guess>
> If both of those conditions are met, and you still
> have a problem, please post your driver settings.

Turned on row versioning, no change.

When I link the table, Access doesn't ask me to chose the primary key. When I look at the Design View for that table
it'schosen a primary key. The field it's chosen doesn't have any NULL values and all the rows for that field are
unique,so it should be OK, right? The column that it chose is NOT a numeric field, but text. Would that cause a
problem?

Driver settings:
================
This is a System DSN.

Datasource options (page 1)
  Disable Genetic Optimizer = Checked
  KSQO                      = Checked
  Recognize Unique Indexes  = Checked
  Use Declare/Fetch         = Checked
  CommLog                   = Checked
  Parse Statements          = UNchecked
  Cancel as FreeStmt        = UNchecked
  MyLog                     = Checked
  Unknown Sizes             = Maximum
  Data Type Options:
    Text as LongVarChar     = Checked
    Unknowns as LongVarChar = UNchecked
    Bools as Char           = Checked
  Miscellanous:
    Max Varchar             = 254
    Max LongVarChar         = 8190
    Cache Size              = 100
    SysTable Prefixes       = dd_;

Datasource options (page 2)
  Read Only                 = UNchecked
  Show System Tables        = UNchecked
  LF <-> CR/LF conversion   = Checked
  Updatable Cursors         = Checked
  Row Versioning            = Checked (now, wasn't before)
  Disallow Premature        = UNchecked
  True is -1                = UNchecked
  Int8 as                   = default
  Protocol                  = 7.x,6.4+
  OID Options:
    Show Column             = UNchecked
  Connect Settings          = <blank>

--------------------------
David Olbersen
iGuard Engineer
11415 West Bernardo Court
San Diego, CA 92127
1-858-676-2277 x2152

Re: ODBC & Access [Try 2]

От
Dennis Gearon
Дата:
maybe it's related to sorting in your environment, the client's environment, or the server's environment? Case
sensitivevs. not? (PS, I can't wait till UTF-8 gets totally ubiquitous.)

David Olbersen wrote:
> [...]

Re: ODBC & Access [Try 2]

От
"David Olbersen"
Дата:
Maybe, but I REALLY doubt it.

Like I said, these other tables with very similar structures and very similar data display just fine. It's just this
one.

--------------------------
David Olbersen
iGuard Engineer
11415 West Bernardo Court
San Diego, CA 92127
1-858-676-2277 x2152

Re: ODBC & Access [Try 2]

От
Dennis Gearon
Дата:
You said it was the **ONE** table that had a text field for an index right?

David Olbersen wrote:
> Maybe, but I REALLY doubt it.
>
> Like I said, these other tables with very similar structures and very similar data display just fine. It's just this
one.

> --------------------------
> David Olbersen
> iGuard Engineer
> 11415 West Bernardo Court
> San Diego, CA 92127
> 1-858-676-2277 x2152

Re: [NOVICE] ODBC & Access [Try 2]

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
David,

> 7 of them work just fine and I can see all the data in them.
> The last one though, only displays '#DELETED' for each column
> of each row. I checked the permissions on all the tables and
> they're the same -- I have read access (all I need for now, right?)
>
> Any idea what's going on? This is PostgreSQL 7.3.2 on FreeBSD with the
PostgreSQL ODBC driver version 7.02.00.05 on Win XP.

My guess is that the table definition has changed since you attached it from
access.   I'd suggest dropping the linked table and re-linking it.

For further help, I suggest joining the pgsql-odbc mailing list and/or the
pgodbc project's mailing list.

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions

Re: ODBC & Access [Try 2]

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
Two recommendations.
1) Try the snapshot dll from http://www.geocities.jp/inocchichichi/psqlodbc/.
2) Uncheck the box for updatable cursors.

On Thursday 24 April 2003 12:24 pm, David Olbersen wrote:
> [...]

Re: ODBC & Access [Try 2]

От
"David Olbersen"
Дата:
Thanks for the suggestion, but that didn't do it either.

I installed that dll in C:\Windows\System32, created a new DSN using that driver and the problem still exists.

David Olbersen
iGuard Engineer
11415 West Bernardo Court
San Diego, CA 92127