Обсуждение: ERROR: array_in: Need to specify dimension

ERROR: array_in: Need to specify dimension

От
Charles Lewis
Дата:
New to postgres and trying to create a simple table with a text
(variable length) column and getting the following error:

An error occured in pgAdminII:frmSQLOutput.cmdSave_Click:

Number: -2147467259

Here's the schema:

-- Table: public.client
CREATE TABLE public.client (
  clientid int4 NOT NULL,
  name varchar(50),
  comment text[],
  CONSTRAINT client_pkey PRIMARY KEY (clientid)
) WITH OIDS;

Any suggestions?

Charles Lewis

Re: ERROR: array_in: Need to specify dimension

От
Dennis Gearon
Дата:
remove the '[]' characters, if all you want is a variable length string column, they are unneeded.

That's 'C/++' syntax in that usage!

Charles Lewis wrote:
> New to postgres and trying to create a simple table with a text
> (variable length) column and getting the following error:
>
> An error occured in pgAdminII:frmSQLOutput.cmdSave_Click:
>
> Number: -2147467259
>
> Here's the schema:
>
> -- Table: public.client
> CREATE TABLE public.client (
>  clientid int4 NOT NULL,
>  name varchar(50),
>  comment text[],
>  CONSTRAINT client_pkey PRIMARY KEY (clientid)
> ) WITH OIDS;
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Charles Lewis

Re: ERROR: array_in: Need to specify dimension

От
Stephan Szabo
Дата:
On Wed, 23 Apr 2003, Charles Lewis wrote:

> New to postgres and trying to create a simple table with a text
> (variable length) column and getting the following error:
>
> An error occured in pgAdminII:frmSQLOutput.cmdSave_Click:
>
> Number: -2147467259
>
> Here's the schema:
>
> -- Table: public.client
> CREATE TABLE public.client (
>   clientid int4 NOT NULL,
>   name varchar(50),
>   comment text[],
>   CONSTRAINT client_pkey PRIMARY KEY (clientid)
> ) WITH OIDS;
>
> Any suggestions?

Was the error from the create or an insert (I'd gather the latter)?  In
any case, are you really sure you wanted an array of variable length text
objects (text[]) rather than just one variable length text object (text)?
:)