Обсуждение: Help me!

Help me!

От
DangVan Chinh

I don't know starting a PostgreSQL server on RedHat Linux 8.0 and to create a simple database.
I have seen:
    - "$ postmaster" -> error: "root exection of PostgreSQL server is not permitted...."
    -"$ createdb mydb" -> error: "user 'root' does not exist. createdb: database createtion failed"
(I login with user is "root")
So, help me way to create a database!
Thanks!

Do you Yahoo!?

Re: Help me!

От
Martijn van Oosterhout
Дата:
Very simple, don't use root. Create a user postgres and run the database
server as that. Then you can let the user "root" login although that's an
exceedingly bad idea.

Hope this helps,

On Wed, Feb 26, 2003 at 06:54:36PM -0800, DangVan Chinh wrote:

> I don't know starting a PostgreSQL server on RedHat Linux 8.0 and to create a simple database.
> I have seen:
>     - "$ postmaster" -> error: "root exection of PostgreSQL server is not permitted...."
>     -"$ createdb mydb" -> error: "user 'root' does not exist. createdb: database createtion failed"
> (I login with user is "root")
> So, help me way to create a database!
> Thanks!

> Support bacteria! They're the only culture some people have.

Вложения

Re: Help me!

От
"scott.marlowe"
Дата:
Yep, the first thing you should be taught when administering a Unix box is
to do as root only those things that HAVE to be done as root and then go
back to a non priveldged account.  The first time you accidentally do
something like 'rm -Rf /* html' as root when you meant 'rm -Rf /*html'
you find out why.