Обсуждение: How to drop all the sequences

How to drop all the sequences

От
"Arunachalam Jaisankar"
Дата:
I found sequences are not getting dropped when tables are dropped. It is too difficult to drop all sequences one by one manually. Is there any command to drop all sequences in a database? Looking for help.

regards
Jaisankar

Re: How to drop all the sequences

От
Neil Conway
Дата:
On Thu, 2003-02-20 at 11:40, Arunachalam Jaisankar wrote:
> I found sequences are not getting dropped when tables are dropped.

SERIAL sequences should automatically be dropped with their
corresponding table in PostgreSQL 7.3.0 and later.

> It is too difficult to drop all sequences one by one manually. Is
> there any command to drop all sequences in a database?

No. You could try iterating through pg_class, picking out the sequence
relations (relkind = 'S') in the right database, and then dropping the
sequences that way.

Cheers,

Neil

Re: How to drop all the sequences

От
"Berend Tober"
Дата:
> On Thu, 2003-02-20 at 11:40, Arunachalam Jaisankar wrote:
>
>> It is too difficult to drop all sequences one by one manually. Is
>> there any command to drop all sequences in a database?
>
> No. You could try iterating through pg_class, picking out the sequence
> relations (relkind = 'S') in the right database, and then dropping the
> sequences that way.

This is what I do:

Save the output of

SELECT 'drop sequence ' || c.relname || ';' FROM pg_class c WHERE
(c.relkind = 'S');

to a file and then run that.

~Berend Tober

Re: How to drop all the sequences

Дата:
Neil Conway wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-02-20 at 11:40, Arunachalam Jaisankar wrote:
> > I found sequences are not getting dropped when tables are dropped.
>
> SERIAL sequences should automatically be dropped with their
> corresponding table in PostgreSQL 7.3.0 and later.
>
> > It is too difficult to drop all sequences one by one manually. Is
> > there any command to drop all sequences in a database?
>
> No. You could try iterating through pg_class, picking out the sequence
> relations (relkind = 'S') in the right database, and then dropping the
> sequences that way.

As I remember, a 7.2 database loaded into 7.3 doesn't have the
dependency linkage.  /contrib/adddepend adds such linkage in 7.3 for
pre-7.3 database loaded into 7.3.