Обсуждение: How to get the IP address of the conneced user

How to get the IP address of the conneced user

От
Egyud Csaba
Дата:
Hello,
I'd like to get the IP address of the connected user from a plpgsql function, but I don't know how.
The user connects to the database through the odbc facility.  (Server:RH7.1, Postgres 7.3.1, Client: Windows..., odbc).
Is there a function or a constant in Postgres (such as CURRENT_TIMESTAMP or similar) holding this value?

thanks,
Csaba

---

Re: How to get the IP address of the conneced user

От
Neil Conway
Дата:
On Thu, 2003-02-20 at 16:39, Egyud Csaba wrote:
> I'd like to get the IP address of the connected user from a plpgsql
> function, but I don't know how.

Connections to PostgreSQL don't need to be made over TCP/IP, so this
property may not even exist.

Cheers,

Neil

Re: How to get the IP address of the connecetd user

От
Egyud Csaba
Дата:
Do you think so? It's sad.
I start to find an other way, but if anybody knows something
clever, please inform me.

Best Regards,

Csaba

> On Thu, 2003-02-20 at 16:39, Egyud Csaba wrote:
> > I'd like to get the IP address of the connected user from a plpgsql
> > function, but I don't know how.
>
> Connections to PostgreSQL don't need to be made over TCP/IP, so this
> property may not even exist.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Neil
> --