Обсуждение: postgres not accessible in Mandrake 9.0

postgres not accessible in Mandrake 9.0

От
nandrats@mail.mdanderson.org

I have trouble connecting to the postgres server in Mandrake 9.0.

The server is started by default on boot and when I try to access a database
created as "postgres user" within anouther user (e.g. "koegli") account, I get
the error:

FATAL ERROR: user koegli does not exist.

After I have created a user koegli from within psql logged in as postgres, I get
the error message that typically tells me that there couldn't be a server
connection established (classical for "-i" option missing). I then looked into
the postgres startup script and added the "-i" option to the startup command.
But now the server startup fails completely and no process "postmaster" is
running.

Has anyone encountered a similar problem with Mandrake before? I haven't had the
problem with my old SuSe distro.

Thanks for any help.

NICOLAUS

Re: postgres not accessible in Mandrake 9.0

От
"Shridhar Daithankar"
Дата:
On Thursday 13 Feb 2003 7:51 pm, you wrote:
> I have trouble connecting to the postgres server in Mandrake 9.0.
>
> The server is started by default on boot and when I try to access a
> database created as "postgres user" within anouther user (e.g. "koegli")
> account, I get the error:
>
> FATAL ERROR: user koegli does not exist.

as OS user postgres, do createuser koegli.

Postgresql users are different than OS users.  Other solution is to ask
postgres to auhtneitcate against ident server. See pg_hba.conf and admin
manual for more details.

 Shridhar