Обсуждение: COMMIT notification

COMMIT notification

От
Viacheslav N Tararin
Дата:
Hi.
How I can get notification inside database about transaction commiting?
Or where I can modify PgSQL sources for insert this notification?
Thanks.

Re: COMMIT notification

Дата:
Viacheslav N Tararin <taras@dekasoft.com.ua> writes:
> How I can get notification inside database about transaction commiting?

Um ... what entity, exactly, are you desiring to notify?  The
LISTEN/NOTIFY mechanism might work for this.  Or not.  I'm not sure
what you need to do.

            regards, tom lane

Re: COMMIT notification

От
Viacheslav N Tararin
Tom Lane пишет:

>Viacheslav N Tararin <taras@dekasoft.com.ua> writes:
>

>>How I can get notification inside database about transaction commiting?
>>

>Um ... what entity, exactly, are you desiring to notify?  The
>LISTEN/NOTIFY mechanism might work for this.  Or not.  I'm not sure
>what you need to do.

I need to send in my MOM information about fixed transaction.
NOTIFY work, message will send on statement execution, but transaction
may be rolledback later.

Can I tune NOTIFICATION engine to delay messages until transaction
commit and discard notification when rollback?

Thanks

Re: COMMIT notification

Дата:
Viacheslav N Tararin <taras@dekasoft.com.ua> writes:
> NOTIFY work, message will send on statement execution, but transaction
> may be rolledback later.

No, the message is sent at commit.  See the man page for NOTIFY.

            regards, tom lane