Обсуждение: Kernel Error

Kernel Error

От
"Cleiton Luiz Siqueira"
Дата:
Dear,I've had a problem lately. I've received the following message
in the kernel:syslogd: /var/run/utmp: Too many open files in
systeminternet /kernel: file: table is fullCan Anybody give me a
light?--Cleiton Luiz Siqueira Analista de Sistema Centro
de Educa=E7=E3o Monjolo Ltda.

Re: Kernel Error

От
"Nigel J. Andrews"
Дата:
Note, this is a PostgreSQL RDBMS list.

If you did not address your message to the pgsql-general@postgresql.org email
address please reply to all recipients of this message giving details on how
and where you sent your message.

On Tue, 4 Feb 2003, Cleiton Luiz Siqueira wrote:

> Dear,
>
> I've had a problem lately. I've received the following message in the
> kernel:
>
> syslogd: /var/run/utmp: Too many open files in system
> internet /kernel: file: table is full
>
> Can Anybody give me a light?

Check out:

man sysctl

and

sysctl -a | grep file

on your system. You need to increase the number of files the kernel will permit
to be open at the same time. You should probably also check why you need so
many open files. Have you a lot of users? Have you a lot of processes doing
file operations? Have you got a small number of processes holding many files
open?

--
Nigel J. Andrews

Re: Kernel Error

От
Fernando Schapachnik
Дата:
If you are running FreeBSD as I think you are, consider upgrading to a version
that sets MAXUSERS automatically, or raise by hand. See the handbook for more
information on how to do that.

Also, consider:

a) Not using HTML on mailing list posts.
b) Giving more, precise information on what you setup is, including environment
information and what you were doing when the error appeared.

Regards.

Fernando.