Обсуждение: vacuum problem

vacuum problem

От
pginfo
Дата:
Hi,

I try to run vacuum full analyze on pg 7.3.1 but I get this messages:

NOTICE:  Child itemid in update-chain marked as unused - can't continue
repair_frag
ERROR:  Parent tuple was not found.

How can I solve the problem?

regards,
ivan.

Re: vacuum problem

Дата:
pginfo <pginfo@t1.unisoftbg.com> writes:
> I try to run vacuum full analyze on pg 7.3.1 but I get this messages:

> NOTICE:  Child itemid in update-chain marked as unused - can't continue
> repair_frag
> ERROR:  Parent tuple was not found.

I don't believe that's 7.3.anything.  Check the version again?

> How can I solve the problem?

If this is 7.2.*, you might find that updating to 7.2.4 (due out in a
week) will fix it.  Otherwise I'd suggest dumping and reloading the
table.

            regards, tom lane

Re: vacuum problem

От
pginfo
Дата:
Hi Tom,

Very sorry for my mistake.
I have 4 pg 7.3.1 servers running, but realy it was 7.2.1.
I will reload the data.

regards,
ivan.

Tom Lane wrote:

> pginfo <pginfo@t1.unisoftbg.com> writes:
> > I try to run vacuum full analyze on pg 7.3.1 but I get this messages:
>
> > NOTICE:  Child itemid in update-chain marked as unused - can't continue
> > repair_frag
> > ERROR:  Parent tuple was not found.
>
> I don't believe that's 7.3.anything.  Check the version again?
>
> > How can I solve the problem?
>
> If this is 7.2.*, you might find that updating to 7.2.4 (due out in a
> week) will fix it.  Otherwise I'd suggest dumping and reloading the
> table.
>
>                         regards, tom lane

Re: vacuum problem

От
Wenzhe Zhou
Дата:
What's the release date for 7.2.4? Is it ready for download? I can't find it from Postgres
Web site. Where I can find the bug fixing list for this release?
Thanks

Wenzhe