Обсуждение: tools for design

tools for design

От
Juraj Fedel
Дата:
I am fresh here and have some question - hope not off-topic.
I have found DeZign program mentioned in postgresql web page but it is
program rof windows and is restricted (free version). Is there some similar
program for linux with no restrictions? Or is there some tool for
'normailizig' database (aka automatic)?
In one sentence I am looking for same program that will help me with
database design.
Juraj

Re: tools for design

От
Horak Daniel
Дата:
> I am fresh here and have some question - hope not off-topic.

It is very common question :-)

> I have found DeZign program mentioned in postgresql web page but it is
> program rof windows and is restricted (free version). Is
> there some similar
> program for linux with no restrictions? Or is there some tool for
> 'normailizig' database (aka automatic)?
> In one sentence I am looking for same program that will help me with
> database design.

You can try http://www.danny.cz/datadesigner.en.html (and
http://sf.net/projects/dbdesign). It is in an early stage of
development, but the development is going forward.

            Dan