Обсуждение: Changes to pg_hba.conf not effective until after restart

Changes to pg_hba.conf not effective until after restart

От
"Robert Fitzpatrick"
Дата:
Can anyone tell me why on one of our PostgreSQL servers, anytime a
change is made to the pg_hba.conf file, the PostgreSQL must be restarted
before the changes take affect? We have other older versions of
PostgreSQL that changes are effective immediately without restart. Is
there some setting for this?

--
Robert

Re: Changes to pg_hba.conf not effective until after restart

Дата:
Robert Fitzpatrick wrote:
> Can anyone tell me why on one of our PostgreSQL servers, anytime a
> change is made to the pg_hba.conf file, the PostgreSQL must be restarted
> before the changes take affect? We have other older versions of
> PostgreSQL that changes are effective immediately without restart. Is
> there some setting for this?

It was considered a safety change, so it doesn't read the file as you
are modifying it.

The 7.2 release notes state:

     * The "pg_hba.conf" and "pg_ident.conf" configuration is now only
       reloaded after receiving a SIGHUP signal, not with each
       connection.