Обсуждение: createlang fails

createlang fails

От
CSN
Дата:
> createlang plpgsql template1

ERROR:  stat failed on file '$libdir/plpgsql': No such
file or directory
ERROR:  stat failed on file '$libdir/plpgsql': No such
file or directory
createlang: language installation failed

I compiled from source using prefix=/usr. plpgsql.so
is in /usr/lib/postgresql/. I did psql -c 'select
version()' and verified 7.3 is being used. Also tried
setting 'dynamic_library_path' to
'/usr/lib/postgresql' path in postgres.conf. Any help? Thanks.

http://mailplus.yahoo.com

Re: createlang fails

От
CSN
Дата:
I was able to get it to work by editing the createlang
script and adding the library path to the PGLIB var.
I'd tried setting PGLIB as an environment variable,
but that didn't work either.

--- CSN <cool_screen_name90001@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > createlang plpgsql template1
>
> ERROR:  stat failed on file '$libdir/plpgsql': No
> such
> file or directory
> ERROR:  stat failed on file '$libdir/plpgsql': No
> such
> file or directory
> createlang: language installation failed
>
> I compiled from source using prefix=/usr. plpgsql.so
> is in /usr/lib/postgresql/. I did psql -c 'select
> version()' and verified 7.3 is being used. Also
> tried
> setting 'dynamic_library_path' to
> '/usr/lib/postgresql' path in postgres.conf. Any
> help? Thanks.

> now.
> http://mailplus.yahoo.com

http://mailplus.yahoo.com

Re: createlang fails

От
frbn
CSN wrote:
> I was able to get it to work by editing the createlang
> script and adding the library path to the PGLIB var.
> I'd tried setting PGLIB as an environment variable,
> but that didn't work either.
>>>createlang plpgsql template1
>>
>>ERROR:  stat failed on file '$libdir/plpgsql': No
>>such
>>file or directory
>>ERROR:  stat failed on file '$libdir/plpgsql': No
>>such
>>file or directory
>>createlang: language installation failed
>>
>>I compiled from source using prefix=/usr. plpgsql.so
>>is in /usr/lib/postgresql/. I did psql -c 'select
>>version()' and verified 7.3 is being used. Also
>>tried
>>setting 'dynamic_library_path' to
>>'/usr/lib/postgresql' path in postgres.conf. Any
>>help? Thanks.

I don't think that you'll change the libraries location so
you can type the full path: /usr/lib/postgresql/... instead of $libdir/...