Обсуждение: Regarding connection thru web application

Regarding connection thru web application

От
"Prachi Jain"
Дата:
Hii All,

I am trying to connect the remote Postgres db from my web
Application using ODBC driver. I have configured my machine's IP
in pg_hba.conf file. But, it still not connecting.

I have made the following entries in the pg_hba.conf

host all  10.0.1.60 'subnetMask address' trust

P.S: Already there is one entry with host.

I am getting the following exception, when i m trying to connect
to the server.

java.sql.SQLException: Could not connect to the server;
Could not resolve hostname.

What are the changes i need to do, if i m connecting thru web
application. This is the first time i m interacting with Postgres,
so please don't mind if the question is silly. But, please do
respond.

thanks and regards

Re: Regarding connection thru web application

От
Richard Huxton
Дата:
On Tuesday 03 Dec 2002 5:28 pm, Prachi Jain wrote:

> java.sql.SQLException: Could not connect to the server;
> Could not resolve hostname.
>
> What are the changes i need to do, if i m connecting thru web
> application. This is the first time i m interacting with Postgres,
> so please don't mind if the question is silly. But, please do
> respond.

No questions are silly. Can't guarantee the same for my answers.

Check for typo's and DNS errors - the error is saying it can't find a hostname
(e.g. database.example.com).
Then check that you can connect via psql from the client machine. If it still
doesn't work, then we can look at the ODBC settings.

--
  Richard Huxton