Обсуждение: mailing list archives very very slow?

mailing list archives very very slow?

От
"Andy Kriger"
Дата:
Hoping the mailing list admins read this list - why is searching the
archives so slow? Most times, it's not even worth searching for my question
on the mailing list because waiting for a response takes so long.
Restricting the search to a single group and only titles doesn't help much.
I'm assuming the archives are backed by Postgres (I would hope so) and it
doesn't provide a lot of confidence that searches take so long.

-a

Re: mailing list archives very very slow?

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
On Mon, 2 Dec 2002, Andy Kriger wrote:

> Hoping the mailing list admins read this list - why is searching the
> archives so slow? Most times, it's not even worth searching for my
> question on the mailing list because waiting for a response takes so
> long. Restricting the search to a single group and only titles doesn't
> help much. I'm assuming the archives are backed by Postgres (I would
> hope so) and it doesn't provide a lot of confidence that searches take
> so long.

Will look into it tonight...