Обсуждение: Shared library

Shared library

От
Zengfa Gao
Дата:
Hi,

I try to install PgSQL on HPUX machine.

What I did is:

./configure --prefix=/opt/pgsql --with-CXX
./gmake
./gmake install

/opt/pgsql/bin/initdb -D /var/opt/pgsql/data
/opt/pgsql/bin/postmaster -D /var/opt/pgsql/data&

Everything looks fine without any error. postgresql
daemon is running.

But when I try /opt/pgsql/bin/psql template1, I got:

# /opt/pgsql/bin/psql template1
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Can't find path for shared library:
libpq.sl
/usr/lib/dld.sl: No such file or directory
Abort(coredump)

Does anyone know what's my problem?

Thanks a lot!

Zengfa

http://mailplus.yahoo.com

Re: Shared library

Дата:
Zengfa Gao <zfgao@yahoo.com> writes:
> I try to install PgSQL on HPUX machine.

What version of HPUX?  It works for me on HPUX 10.20, and we have
reports of no problems on 11.something.  Also, which compiler got used?

> # /opt/pgsql/bin/psql template1
> /usr/lib/dld.sl: Can't find path for shared library:
> libpq.sl
> /usr/lib/dld.sl: No such file or directory
> Abort(coredump)

Curious.  What do you get from
    chatr /opt/pgsql/bin/psql
    chatr /opt/pgsql/lib/libpq.sl