Обсуждение: postgres taking longer to update

postgres taking longer to update

От
choepete@mindspring.com (peter)
Дата:
i have a postgres database (version 6.5.3) that gets update by a Java
program every night.

it seems that each time the update is done it always takes a bit
longer to complete the process.  when it first started it took about 2
minutes.  now it takes about 2 hours to do the update.  is there
something i can do to bring down the time it takes to update the
database?

Peter Choe

Re: postgres taking longer to update

От
Diogo Biazus
Дата:
I've never used this version (6.5.3), but have you tried the 'vacuum'
command?

--
Diogo de Oliveira Biazus
diogo@ikono.com.br

Re: postgres taking longer to update

От
Lee Harr
Дата:
In article <8317cb71.0211260523.61d15a0e@posting.google.com>, peter wrote:
> i have a postgres database (version 6.5.3) that gets update by a Java
> program every night.

You need to upgrade.

I know 7.3 is only 0.8 more than 6.5 ((not even a whole 1 difference))
but I think it is more important than it may appear.

If it is at all possible, upgrade.

Lee Harr wrote:
> In article <8317cb71.0211260523.61d15a0e@posting.google.com>, peter wrote:
> > i have a postgres database (version 6.5.3) that gets update by a Java
> > program every night.
> >

> You need to upgrade.
>

> I know 7.3 is only 0.8 more than 6.5 ((not even a whole 1 difference))
> but I think it is more important than it may appear.
>

> If it is at all possible, upgrade.

Yes, only a 12% increase.  ;-)