Обсуждение: Unwanted Log Entries

Unwanted Log Entries

От
Jon Swinth
Дата:
We are currently using PostgreSQL 7.2.2 in production with JBoss 3.0.3.  The
DB is working to spec but the log is being filled with the following line
over and over again:

NOTICE:  TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL is READ COMMITTED

Even with the moderate hits we are getting right now on the site, this
generates about 200MB worth of log messages.  It also makes it difficult to
find any real error messages.  Does anybody know of a way to stifle this
message?

Re: Unwanted Log Entries

Дата:
Jon Swinth <jswinth@atomicpc.com> writes:
> We are currently using PostgreSQL 7.2.2 in production with JBoss 3.0.3.  The
> DB is working to spec but the log is being filled with the following line
> over and over again:

> NOTICE:  TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL is READ COMMITTED

This is presumably triggered by a "SHOW TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL"
command somewhere in your client.  You could probably remove that
command.

In 7.3, SHOW commands don't generate log entries anymore, but that won't
help you today...

            regards, tom lane

Re: Unwanted Log Entries

От
Jon Swinth
Дата:
Thanks for the thought Tom, but the "client" in this case is JBoss and I'm not
about to go trying to change that source.