Обсуждение: Can't connect to PGSQL

Can't connect to PGSQL

От
ferdinan firmansyah
Дата:
We have installed LinuxRedhat+PgSQL in our server. We
can ping the server's IP. But we cannot connect our
database through PGAdmin or our application. We have
already set the port to the default.

1. What seems to be the problem?
2. How can I read the server's activities?(reading the
log)

HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now
http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/

Re: Can't connect to PGSQL

От
"Shridhar Daithankar"
Дата:
On 4 Nov 2002 at 17:26, ferdinan firmansyah wrote:

> We have installed LinuxRedhat+PgSQL in our server. We
> can ping the server's IP. But we cannot connect our
> database through PGAdmin or our application. We have
> already set the port to the default.
>
> 1. What seems to be the problem?
> 2. How can I read the server's activities?(reading the
> log)

See if this helps you

http://wiki.ael.be/index.php/PostgresQL101

Bye
 Shridhar

--
It [being a Vulcan] means to adopt a philosophy, a way of life which islogical
and beneficial.  We cannot disregard that philosophy merely forpersonal gain,

Re: Can't connect to PGSQL

От
"scott.marlowe"
Дата:
On Mon, 4 Nov 2002, ferdinan firmansyah wrote:

> We have installed LinuxRedhat+PgSQL in our server. We
> can ping the server's IP. But we cannot connect our
> database through PGAdmin or our application. We have
> already set the port to the default.
>
> 1. What seems to be the problem?

Find your postgresql.conf file i.e. 'locate postgresql.conf'.
Edit it and change this line:

tcpip_socket = false

to look like this:

tcpip_socket = true

> 2. How can I read the server's activities?(reading the
> log)

Not sure.  Look in the /var/log directory to see if RedHat sets up
postgresql to log there.

Re: [ADMIN] Can't connect to PGSQL

От
Thomas Swan
Дата:
ferdinan firmansyah wrote:

>We have installed LinuxRedhat+PgSQL in our server. We
>can ping the server's IP. But we cannot connect our
>database through PGAdmin or our application. We have
>already set the port to the default.
>
>1. What seems to be the problem?

Check to see if you installed RedHat with firewall rules.  This might
also prevent connections.